Hi there, my name is Chris and I’m a designer. I believe in making visual communication simple, functional and engaging. I believe in a collaborative approach. I believe in learning and research. I believe in the sharing and free distribution of ideas. I believe in Vegemite on toast.
“I’ve worked with Chris on both Clare Valley Film Festivals which he initiated and organised along with Seeta Indrani. Chris is enormously energetic, impressively well organised and a source of great ideas. He has surrounded himself in Clare with a very supportive and bright group of volunteers but Chris has been the driving force behind the event. Chris’s intelligence and easy manner and his sophisticated IT skills equip him with all the attributes needed to succeed in any area in which he chooses to become involved.”
Rob George, Writer, director, producer, Prospect Productions Pty Ltd
I work with individuals and companies in Australia, United Arab Emirates, Morocco, France and the United Kingdom.
This year, 2013, I’ve been offered Doctor of Philosophy candidature at Monash University, Melbourne. In 2005, I completed a Masters in Design Studies at Central St Martins University of the Arts, London. I was awarded the Volente Award 2000 (Douglas Mawson Institute) and Youth Leadership Grant 2001 (South Australian Government Department of Education). Recently, I was the Director of Photography for the feature documentary The Sweeney: The life & work of Jim Sweeney, produced and directed by my partner, Seeta Indrani, which was a sell out at the Edinburgh Fringe 2010. It is also available on DVD at thesweeney.net, profits from the sales go to Multiple Sclerosis charities.
Other credits include:
- Designer – Short-listed for Matchmakers Wharf Public Art Commission, London, Telford Homes and Acme Studios
- Designer – Friday, written by Jim Sweeney, Best Experimental Film Limelight Film Awards
- Web Designer – Four (feature film to be released this year)
- Festival Director – Clare Valley Film Festival 2010, 2011 and 2012
- Director of Photography – The Sweeney: The life & work of Jim Sweeney (feature documentary)
- Director of Photography – Not Yet, by Tito Sacchi, selected for 2009 Palm Springs ShortFest and 2010 European Independent Film Festival
- Designer – Object: Australian Centre for Craft and Design (Sydney, Australia)
- Designer – South Australian Living Artists Festival (Adelaide, Australia)
- Designer – Centenary of Federation; 100 years of Women’s Achievements (Adelaide, Australia)
Find me on Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Vimeo | LinkedIn | IMDb | Monash University Profile